Congratulations on choosing a career in Health Information Management!
On behalf of the members and supporters of NJHIMA, the Scholarship Fund Board is pleased to announce that scholarships in the amount of $1,000.00 will be awarded to deserving students each June at the NJHIMA Annual Meeting. The number of scholarships will depend on the funds available and the number of qualified applicants.
Thank you for your consideration in applying for a scholarship. Please ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements before you proceed. (MUST MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS)
- You are a student currently enrolled in a CAHIIM accredited (or candidacy status) Associate or Bachelor’s degree program in Health Information Management or CAHIIM accredited Master’s degree program in Health Information Management or Health Informatics in any state.
- You are a resident of New Jersey
- You are a member of AHIMA with New Jersey as your designated CSA
- You have completed one (1) full semester in the program
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the end of your first semester.
By applying for an award, you are authorizing the NJHIMA Scholarship Board to verify your GPA and any other eligibility requirements as necessary through contact with your Program Chair.
In the interest of fairness and neutrality, your identity and the program you are attending will not be revealed during the selection process. The NJHIMA Scholarship Board is comprised of past-presidents and executive board members of NJHIMA. Only the Chair of the Board will know your identity and program, and the Chair will not participate in the selection process.
If you are awarded the scholarship, you will be required to volunteer a minimum of 10 hours in an NJHIMA activity during the year following your acceptance of the scholarship. Examples are:
- Assisting at the registration desk at a quarterly meeting (must be available at 8:00 am on a weekday in Princeton)
- Assisting with a committee or project
- Assisting with the preparation for the NJHIMA Annual Meeting
If you meet the eligibility requirements above, we strongly urge you to take advantage of this opportunity and complete the scholarship application today.
Applications are accepted September 1 through April 30 of each calendar year.
We are proud of our students and our ability through the Scholarship Fund to demonstrate our support to you in your HIM career. Good luck!
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 30th.
Click here for the form: Scholarship Application Form
- Application received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
- Applications missing information will not be reviewed.
Applications with less than 500-700 words will not be reviewed.