Health Information Management (HIM) Supervisor
Company Name: Capital Health
Job Title: Health Information Management (HIM) Supervisor, Full Time, Days
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM_Manager_Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Capital Health is the region's leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the best physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and the Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell) and the Capital Health - Hamilton outpatient facility,
Capital Health is a growing healthcare organization that is accredited by The Joint Commission. Capital Health has also received Magnet® status for the fourth consecutive time in recognition of its quality patient care, innovations in professional nursing practice, and nursing excellence. Only 29 organizations in the country have received Magnet status four times and five of those organizations are in New Jersey. In addition, our nursing team received special recognition for excellence in stroke and outpatient emergency care.
• Assists HIM Manager in supervision of workflow to ensure effective and efficient operations of deficiency analysis, as well as timely processing, filing, storage and release of medical records.
• Supervises operational processes of the HIM Department on a daily basis.
• Supervises release of information activities to ensure compliance with legal guidelines and regulations.
• Supervises departmental correspondence activities to ensure timely and accurate responses to all physician documentation inquiries.
• Assists HIM Director and HIM Manager in the redesign and coordination of health information management processes to adapt to an evolving electronic medical record environment.
• Assists HIM Director and HIM Manager with research and development of functions and processes required for evaluation of new EMR technology.
• Assists HIM Manager in the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with medical record best practices.
• Works collaboratively with physicians and other departments to effectively respond to inquiries regarding medical record subject matter.
• Assists in medical record review activities to ensure Joint Commission, CMS and NJ Department of Health compliance.
Required Qualifications : Requirements:
• Associate's degree in Health Information Management.
• Two years of experience in an acute care hospital HIM department.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• RHIA or RHIT.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications.
• Training and/or experience in electronic medical record principles preferred.
• Competitive salaries
• Tuition reimbursement
• Low employee expense for medical and dental insurance
• 403(b) Savings and Retirement Program
Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/148456/
Equal opportunity employer.
Apply Online : http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/148456/City