Exam Fee Reimbursement Form
NJHIMA will reimburse the cost of the credentialing examination for Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)n or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) for new graduates who pass the examination within 6 months of graduation from an AHIMA approved HIA or HIT program.
CRITERIA FOR REIMBURSEMENT AWARD
- The examination candidate must be a member, in good standing, of NJHIMA for a minimum of 6 months prior to graduation/program completion.
- The examination candidate must be a graduate of an accredited HIA or HIT program.
- The examination date may not extend more than 6 months beyond the date of graduation (course completion.
- Application and scheduling of the examination is the sole responsibility of the graduate.
- Application for reimbursement is the sole responsibility of the graduate.
PROCEDURE FOR REIMBURSEMENT
- Upon achieving a passing grade as established by AHIMA, the student will complete a disbursement voucher for the examination fee.
- The student will submit the voucher to the address indicated along with the attached documents:
- Written proof from AHIMA of passing grade for the certification examination.
Proof of program completion date (transcript indicating degree conferred date or letter from program on educational institution letterhead).
- Receipt for proof of payment (cancelled check, printout of receipt for on-line registration).
- Request for reimbursement must be within 60 days of the date on the passing grade notification
Application for reimbursement is the sole responsibility of the graduate.
The above document will open in a new window.