Coding Educator/DRG Validator, HIM Dept., FT, Days
Company Name: Capital Health
Job Title: Coding Educator/DRG Validator, HIM Dept
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Full-Time
$7500 Sign-On Bonus! Capital Health is the region's leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the area's most experienced physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell), an outpatient facility in Hamilton Township, and various primary and specialty care practices across the region, Capital Health is a growing healthcare organization that is accredited by The Joint Commission and received Magnet® status three times in recognition of its quality patient care, innovations in professional nursing practice, and nursing excellence.
* Educates coders in ICD-10, CPT and HCPCs Level II coding guidelines, modifier guidelines, proper diagnosis and procedure code selection, documentation guidelines and abstracting for reimbursement, insurance and statistical reports.
* Acts as liaison in a supporting role to physicians to assist in their documentation efforts.
* Creates training materials to guide physicians in their education process for more accurate documentation, and participates in informal and formal medical staff education.
* Verifies accurate assignment of diagnoses and procedures within the medical record to comply with federal and state regulations.
* Acts as the primary department expert on APCs and DRGs.
* Conducts regular audits, reviews medical records, and assists with external and internal reviews for coding accuracy.
* Reviews claim denials and rejections pertaining to coding and medical necessity issues. Provides management with various statistical reports, data and audit information on health information management compliance issues, internal and external quality assurance results and activities, performance improvement activities and other statistical information.
* Assists in implementation of policy and procedural changes within the department regarding coding and quality issues required by third-party payers and according to recommendations by coding consultants and agencies.
* Develops and coordinates educational and training programs on coding and documentation for department staff, physicians, billing staff and ancillary departments.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Associate's degree in Health Information Technology preferred.
* Five years of coding experience in a healthcare setting.
* Certification in coding.
* Experience with encoder computer system.
* Acquired expertise in DRG and APC assignment and the application of the requirements needed to comply with federal and local regulations.
* Strong knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy/physiology, and understanding of disease management.
* Competitive salaries
* Tuition reimbursement
* Low employee expense for medical and dental insurance
* 403(b) Savings and Retirement Program Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health. For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/124136/
Equal opportunity employer. Apply Here:http://www.Click2Apply.net/ct876xzy8x85cvxn
Apply Online : http://www.Click2Apply.net/ct876xzy8x85cvxnCity: Trenton
(8/10/17 - 11/10/17)