2018 Attendee Registration Letter
The Board of NJHIMA invites you to the 2018 Annual Meeting with Coding, Health Information and Information Management, Long Term Care and Student tracks to be held
June 20, 21 and 22 at Resorts Casino Hotel on the Boardwalk. The meeting, exhibit hall and daytime events will take place at the Hotel, the Thursday evening Margarita party will be held at the Landshark Bar & Grill on the beach.
Congratulations to Barbara Manger who submitted the winning title and graphics this year.
"The Magic of HIM, Transforming Health with Information"
We are again offering the Wednesday afternoon RHIA/RHIT National Exam Prep course. This course taught by Kathleen Kirk, Ph.D., RHIA and Memory Ndanga, MS, RHIA.
The registration link for the meeting is:
Some key points to assist you with registration:
- The RHIA/RHIT National Exam Prep course will be from Noon to 5PM and includes a box lunch. The $50 fee applies to all attendees including students.
- Coding Specialty Group sessions are scheduled for Wednesday night and Thursday. Coding Specialty Group attendees are encouraged to bring code books.
- Long Term Care Specialty Group sessions are scheduled for Thursday.
- Annual Meeting sessions are scheduled for Thursday and Friday.
- Friday program ends after brunch at 1:00 PM.
- Visiting the exhibit hall also provides for one (1) CE credit.
- The 2018 Annual Meeting offers up 8.5 CEUs, including one CEU for visiting the exhibit hall. The Coding Specialty Group offers up to 8 CEUs including one CEU for visiting the exhibit hall. If you attend Wednesday night, Thursday and Friday, there will be up to 10.5 CEUs.
- Registration will be by the day or combination of days, registration includes all meals scheduled for the day(s) selected.
- The speakers’ presentations will be available to you prior to the meeting and we will be adding a few pages to the program to allow you to take notes should you elect not to print out the handouts prior to the meeting.
- The Exhibit Hall opens on Thursday at 7:00 AM – continental breakfast will be served both Thursday and Friday in the Exhibit Hall. The exhibitors will be in the Exhibit hall at 7:00 AM Thursday and at 8:00 AM Friday. Friday’s brunch and exhibitor raffles winners will be announced in the Exhibit Hall.
- This year there will be 2 Grand Prize Winners for completing the Exhibitor Game the prizes are: $300 credit towards the 2019 Annual Meeting registration and 2 hotel nights for the 2019 Annual Meeting.
- We are continuing the “Take a Chance Ticket Raffle” event. All attendees, including exhibitors can purchase raffle tickets.
We will announce Thursday’s winners during the exhibit hall break and Friday’s winners during brunch. This will allow Thursday and Friday attendees the opportunity to participate in the raffle each day.
NJHIMA would appreciate your participation in the Take a Chance Ticket Raffle by donating an item of your choice. You can register your donated item on line during registration or contact NJHIMA at firstname.lastname@example.org. Monetary donations to the Scholarship Fund can be made at the time of your registration or may be submitted directly to NJHIMA.
Please book your hotel rooms early!NJHIMA has contracted for group rates in Resorts Rendezvous Tower for $89.00 per night. Taxes and local fees apply including Atlantic City room tax (14%), Tourism Promotional Fee of $2 per night and $3 per night NJ State Occupancy Fee.
- Internet access is free in all guest and meeting rooms.
- NJHIMA will have a designated check in line on Wednesday
Please make your reservations n later than June 15, 2018.
Group code: VNJHM18